Wednesday, March 6, 2013

These Damned Chemicals!

Here's a poem that I wrote long time back - "These Damned Chemicals!"

My heart has skipped a few times as such
and so at times-
I let it to rest and sometimes let it test
but, Oh! These damned chemicals have their say!

But to my mom's relief I don't give into their whispers so much.
Like Genie got trapped into the bottle
I sold the story to myself-
that damned chemicals were safe if it were stored in heart's cold corner
than going full throttle!

Oh, these damned chemicals!
they made me anxious and put me to unrest


Oh, these damned chemicals!
It made me sprint to the altar to direct my next step

But
These damned chemicals!
How does it suddenly turn the trees' leaves pink and purple?

These damned chemicals!
Why don't they allow a naive thought to last a bit longer?

1 comment:

  1. i like the last part,
    Why don't they allow a naive thought to last a bit longer?

    ReplyDelete